Ultimate Guide to Beautiful Furniture
Quality furniture represents a substantial financial investment for the homeowner, and you want to keep it beautiful and last a long time.
Follow the simple guidelines below to keep all your upholstered living room, dining room and bedroom furniture looking like new, and extend the life of your investments.
- To avoid fading, keep upholstered home furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture as often as possible. Even if your home furniture has seen little use, the abrasive action of dirt and dust particles can wear the fibers of your upholstery fabric. For high-use furniture, it’s a good idea to frequently beat the cushions and then vacuum and rotate them.
- With a damp rag and cleaning solution, dust arms and headrest areas to prevent body oil accumulation on the fabric.
- Keep your pets on the floor and off the furniture, and encourage family members to do likewise.
- Avoid placing newspapers directly on home furniture upholstery fabric. Ink will accumulate and be difficult to remove.
- Never cover your upholstered home furniture with dark-coloured blankets, sheets, etc. The reason is that dyes can rub off onto fabric when dry or bleed when wet.
- Avoid the use of dyes, paints, inks and nail polishes around your upholstered fabric. Accidents can happen and these substances will stain the material.
- Never, ever, remove cushion covers for dry cleaning or machine washing. There is a good chance the colours will fade and will mismatch the rest of the upholstered fabric.
Regular Professional Furniture Cleaning
Periodic professional cleaning keeps soil accumulation from marring the beauty of the upholstery of your home. Reliable Carpet Care recommends professional cleaning every second time you clean your home’s carpets.